Epilog is by no means usable - its not even ready for testing yet! If you're interested in helping, by all means download the source, but don't expect anything to work yet! A download will be released when
the code is usable.
is short for "Epic Blog" and that's exactly what this project aims to be!
I plan to use it for my personal blog but encourage others to join in with the project and use it themselves.
The key features will be:
- Use the latest technologies (MVC4 and SQL 2012 at time of writing)
- Provide a base to be built upon. On its own, Epilog will be a simple blog; placed inside an MVC project, Epilog can be a powerful tool!
- HTML5 and CSS3 compliant
- Posts stored and edited as Markdown for efficiency! Markdown is small on data and quick to type.
- Media (images) upload and search facility
- Search blog entries
- Tag posts and media
- NO theme engine - it is designed for fitting inside an MVC project - layout files and partial views will be used for theming.
- MS membership provider for authentication